Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all back again with another rookie question. The last time I pulled the gas tank to replace fuel/vacuum lines & install new clamps, I noticed these two large hose connections had been capped off in a pretty DIY way, I don't have a pic at the moment but the two hose connections are outlined in orange in the attached pic.

What are these? A friend of mine says he's pretty sure they are exhaust breather lines, previously I thought it could be leftover from a pair removal?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
NO. The PAIR valve gets removed. The 2 hoses connecting the PAIR valve to the reed valves (what you have circled in orange) gets removed. The hose going from the PAIR valve to the air box gets removed. The vacuum line from the PAIR valve that gets connected to the carb on the right gets removed. The reed valves and reed valve covers get removed.
And then the kit comes with plates that replace the reed valves. A cap to cap off the vacuum nipple on the right side carb. And a plug to plug the hole in the air box.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thanks for clarifying! Sounds like I'll be picking up a kit so I can get the Reed valves handled correctly

Hope shipping isn't too crazy right now..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts