Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So i ordered brake pads without checking (Yes, I know..)

After dissasembling my front brakes this is how my caliper and brake pads look.

I am a little bit lost as I though the GPZ 500 had twin piston calipers, and ordered the wrong ones thanks to the brembo catalog.

More info about the bike: it is a Spanish GPZ 500 S tregistered in 1993, it has drum brakes on the rear, and twin discs.

The ones I ordered were Brembos 07KA13, which from Brembos catalog should fit my bike on the front (1993 Twin discs)... But doesnt look alike:

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
nope totally different. your bike is a GPZ gen 1 model B (twin disc with single piston callipers) completely different to the single calliper twin piston of the A model gen 1 or the D model gen 2. you will have to order model specific pads. if they are not stocked you could reference them against the rear disc of the gen 2 or perhaps the early ZZR or ZXR. both were single pot twin brakes. the ones you ordered will not fit your bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope totally different. your bike is a GPZ gen 1 model B (twin disc with single piston callipers) completely different to the single calliper twin piston of the A model gen 1 or the D model gen 2. you will have to order model specific pads. if they are not stocked you could reference them against the rear disc of the gen 2 or perhaps the early ZZR or ZXR. both were single pot twin brakes. the ones you ordered will not fit your bike.
Thanks a bunch! Which year are we talking about, to look at the brembo catalog?

·
Registered
2001 EX500R
36 Posts
not really it's probably the same brake. those single pot ones were used on a variety of models for both front and rear brakes.
Yeah haha I just read your full post. Those are definitely the same as my rear single pot. Smart to swap them to the back on new gens when they switched to discs. Don't know why I was surprised haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts