Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

7601 - 7620 of 7647 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Not today, but at the beginning of my vacation last week new fork springs @ 0.95 kg, 10w fork oil, installed fork drain/filler holes and plugs. New brake lines and fluid.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Gonna be a fantastic day to scrub in some new skins:)
Pilot Sports are the mutts nuts, so I will be interested to hear your feedback on the Pilot Street's.

BTW....my son's bike in the exact same color combo.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Pilot Sports are the mutts nuts, so I will be interested to hear your feedback on the Pilot Street's.

BTW....my son's bike in the exact same color combo.
Swapped an aging set of Bridgestone bt45's to the psr's and I'm never goin back. Soooo much better. Don't exactly know why but they're definitely alot more confidence inspiring than the others.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Finally decided to do a rear wheel delete...

...but it rode like crap so I put it back on. Figured I might as well do a chain and sprockets while I was in there.

Also got a set of new mirrors (thanks @radiant.designer!) that actually shows me something more than elbow. I think they look pretty sharp too 😎

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just did the same "Delete" last week only I included the front "Delete" along with it.....A total no go.
My old chain and sprockets were long overdue too.
Great looking bike Sir!!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Tried that years ago. I could have saved you the time and effort.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I did a frame delete a while back. Parts were a bit too loose and unattached for my taste, so I decided to put the frame back in.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here's mine converted to 4-wheels. No more chains to deal with. Simply rev to 10K, reach back and cover the left exhaust to turn left, cover right exhaust to turn right.

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts
Documented my balls (along with plug caps and an exhaust gasket) in the 100k thread.
20200701_090612.jpg

All 39 used ones still accounted for. You would be surprised what I wont throw away.

·
Registered
92 Posts
All 39 used ones still accounted for. You would be surprised what I wont throw away.
You found them all! Seems I remember one got away from you in the dining room. 😁
I keep everything, too. You never know when it'll come in handy. I recently used a ball bearing from a bicycle pedal to repair the EX500 gas cap lid.

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Repainted the swingarm, which seemed electo-coated no more than one-molecule thick. Kawasaki has great quality paint but they sure know how to conserve it.

I also cleaned a bunch of other parts. Here's one of them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
After my first-ever carb cleaning (outside of lanwmowers and snowblowers) I put my tank back on and my 05 started up!! Looks like I have to take the tank back off, as I have no $%#@ headlight. Hmmm...

7601 - 7620 of 7647 Posts