Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

7621 - 7640 of 7647 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Traded it plus $1000 for a 2020 z125 pro.

Just kidding, valve adjustment, though not sure that went exactly right, bike still runs. thumbs up

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,125 Posts
^ What do you think may have gone wrong?

Edit:
I just caught your other thread. I think your good to go. (y)

Reactions: JBlackwell1989

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ordered two modules from safer-turn a while back finally got around to installing them. The turn signal module is pretty nice. No longer ride down the road to realize my signal is still blinking when I turned a ways back. The brake module however was a faulty unit so can't say much to that but they're supposedly sending me a replacement free of charge, lifetime warranty or something.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Installed some progrip 719 grips on the ninja. Noticeably less vibration in the handlebars and the blue matches the bike perfectly.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Shimmed up the rear hub damper with a few old hotel key cards. The herky jerky on off throttle is completely gone. Smooth smooth smooth now.
You mean how there is a noticably abrupt spot where it engages/disengages ? I always thought that was a byproduct of the accelerator being wire controlled and having the carbs engaged at a particular point, but that was totally my assumption!

·
Registered
388 Posts
There is a rubber cush unit that cushions the interaction between the rear drive sprocket and the rear wheel hub. When this wears it can be a bit sloppier than when new, and this can create a distinct on/off feeling. The key cards are shimming that gap and removing that on/off sensation.

Reactions: JBlackwell1989

·
Registered
7 Posts
FOG bones installed this weekend, with oil change, chain maintenance and new brake pads. I like the higher bike and the lighter, sharper turn-in.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just installed a Ninja 300 rear shock set to position #4, and Racetech .90kg springs in the forks as well as replaced all of the fork bushings and seals and added 10w fork oil. Being 6ft and about 200lbs this felt really stable in the corners and got rid of the nosedive. Waiting on my delkevic 14" exhaust to come in thursday and this weekend will be fun.

·
Super Moderator
14,917 Posts
250 Ninja carb refurb underway, split the rack, cleaned, prepped individual components using various tactics as needed. Building process shall commence tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
6,125 Posts
@Elsevere EXcellent job on your signature.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Finally refurbished my all time favorite EX exhaust, the Cobra F1. I'd got them many years ago in rough shape, used them for many years, repacked once, that lasted so long, condition got worse and had to retire them about 4 years ago. Kinda forgot about them for a while while I was running stock mufflers but decided it was time to pull them out of retirement. Installed them yesterday and happy as a clam. I'll make a separate post diving into that process later this week when I find the time to upload photos at home. Which reminds me, I still need to do my Themo-bob writeup.

7621 - 7640 of 7647 Posts