Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short. Needed to grind/cut a chunk off in order for my chain to have clearance. Needed to remove motor from its cradle/cage doohicky. Now, for the love of all things Holy, i cannt get the dang bolts to line back up.

One nearly twelve inch bolt on front, and two bolts on the back.

Oh, and does this thing go on the bolt on the front of the motor? Don't know where it came from and the only thing that made sense was it fell off as i did things today.

Once the bolts are back i'll officially be able to mount it to the buggy. So much to do, so little time

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Are you using the engine as a stressed member of the frame? You might have to jack the frame up somewhere to get them to line up. That is a spacer. Go to Ronayers.com and pull up the engine schematic of the Ninja 500R and it will show where it goes - you may not need it in a custom frame if you have desgined around it.

Reactions: BitOffTooMuch

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you using the engine as a stressed member of the frame? You might have to jack the frame up somewhere to get them to line up. That is a spacer. Go to Ronayers.com and pull up the engine schematic of the Ninja 500R and it will show where it goes - you may not need it in a custom frame if you have desgined around it.
Yes, motor will be mounted directly to frame. Would you suggest a motor mount of some sort for what im doing?

And the jack....why oh why didnt i think of that. That will do the trick most definitely !

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I think this shows you how much weight or stress is being placed on the engine. Since it was not designed to be a stressed member of any vehicle, you may have some head scratching and frame reinforcing to plan. A little bracing at the start saves a lot of fixing later.

Reactions: BitOffTooMuch

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For future reference...there are two bolts on the clutch side of the frame...take those off and the frame makes a lot more sense and is a lot less frustration.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
For future reference...there are two bolts on the clutch side of the frame...take those off and the frame makes a lot more sense and is a lot less frustration.
make sure you fit those two rear engine bolts the right way round. they go in left to right (bolt heads on the flywheel side nuts on the clutch side) do it wrong and the rear chain will foul the protruding end of the bolt when tight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts