Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 784 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure what section this should go in, so I trust that powers that be will move it if required.

So I wanted to tell everyone here my experience of dealing with the member, Stealthee - presumably real name Darick Tinker going by the PayPal account, who I purchased 2 items from. One item, the SV shock I bought from him as a courtesy, since I posted a link in his 'for sale' thread to a different thread ranking rear suspension mods. He said that it scared away a potential buyer, so I offered to buy a shock from him as an apologetic gesture. I essentially was ****** out of $135 by him on these two "for sale" threads:

SV Shock: http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,33848.0.html
Track suit: http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,33881.0.html

I'd also like to thank Rinzler for trying to get him to ship the items. It looked like it would finally happen, but to my best knowledge never did.

Here's the timeline of what took place.

Aug 21, 2011 - Stealthee sends me payment request for the SV 650 shock. I pay him the same day.
Aug 22, 2011 - Stealthee sends me an email telling me that he is "shipping the shock tomorrow", Aug 23, 2011
Sep 6, 2011 - Stealthee sends me PayPal payment request for the track suit. I pay him the same day.
Sep 6, 2011 - Stealthee send me an email telling me that he just got off the phone with his friend Bob, who was supposed to ship the shock, but didn't, so it's going to be packaged up with the track suit and sent together. I request that he send me the tracking number when it's all sent.
Sep 10, 2011 - Stealthee confirms my request for tracking number, saying that he hasn't sent it yet b/c it's been raining and he only rides the motorcycle and does not want to get the box wet.
Sep 16, 2011 - Still waiting for tracking number. Send Stealthee an email asking what's up. He replies the same day saying that the weather improved, but now his bike is broken. Says he will ask a roommate for a ride to the post office
Sep 24, 2011 - Still waiting for tracking number. Send Stealthee an email asking what's going on.
Sep 26, 2011 - No word from Stealthee. Send another email. He replies with "hey just gotta send u the shipping ticket number.", which I understood as it has been shipped. But he does not send the tracking number.
Sep 30, 2011 - I send another email asking for the tracking number.
Oct 2, 2011 - I send an email asking for the tracking number.
Oct 5, 2011 - I send an email asking what is going on.
Oct 7, 2011 - I send another email to Stealthee wondering what is going on. At this point I'm saying that I be getting in touch with PayPal. I also contact Rinzler for any assistance he can provide.
Oct 7, 2011 - Stealthee finally responds saying that the package was probably returned to his mom's house b/c it was going to Canada (as if he wasn't aware of that before). Still does not provide me with a tracking number.
Oct 10, 2011 - Stealthee says he coulnd't ship the package because it was Columbus Day.
Oct 11, 2011 - I ask again whether the package has been shipped
Oct 11, 2011 - Stealthee replies saying that he is at work and will update when he is out of there
Oct 12, 2011 - I ask again whether the package has been shipped
Oct 13, 2011 - I ask again whether the package has been shipped
Oct 14, 2011 - Stealthee's friend Bob gets in touch with me from Darick's email saying that the package is with him and will be shipped within an hour. Asks me to confirm shipping address. I confirm. And ask him to send me the tracking number.
Oct 17, 2011 - I request a tracking number again.
Oct 19, 2011 - Another request for the tracking number.
Oct 22, 2011 - Final ultimatum. Asking him to ship the package by Monday, Oct 24. Telling him I will go to PayPal, post this on the forum, and go to local authorities if I can find out where the **** he lives.

So today is Oct 24, 2011 and I have not heard a single thing. No tracking number. No nothing. Fucking bullshit is what I say.

S

·
0 Posts
Holy ****! Two months is way too long to be putting up with that bullshit.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
that is total BS dude.

i joined a couple of years ago with the intentions of building a 99'ex-500 that i bought to turn into another race bike so i could race in another class with a good friend of mine.long story short i got a very bad staff infection in my neck which resulted in me having two neck operations to fuse 4 of the 7 neck vertebre together. so during that time i parted out the 99' and an 07' on this very forum.
i did everything possible to make sure everybody that bought something from me was kept posted on when it was shipped,given a tracking number and packaged to the utmost of care.
i don't understand how people can pull that crap,it's so simple=post item for sale, sell item, ship item all in a timely fashion.
i kept a note book of every transaction with the date of sale,forum members name, and real name and address as well to keep in touch through whole process.
a member bought a wheel from me, he was looking for a silver wheel that was straight. i sent pictures and description of wheel i had it was scuffed but not bent to my knowledge as i had no way of putting a run-out dial on it.well it turned out it was slightly bent and i refunded him all expense plus sold him the brake disc off the same wheel for $5 if memory serves me right as he was in need of one.i sold it to him cheap to help him out and to have a satisfied member(that last thing sounded a little weird)lol.
hope you get vindication and shame on the fellow member for that nonsense.

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
luco.vico said:
I am not sure what section this should go in, so I trust that powers that be will move it if required.

So I wanted to tell everyone here my experience of dealing with the member, Stealthee - presumably real name Darick Tinker going by the PayPal account, who I purchased 2 items from. One item, the SV shock I bought from him as a courtesy, since I posted a link in his 'for sale' thread to a different thread ranking rear suspension mods. He said that it scared away a potential buyer, so I offered to buy a shock from him as an apologetic gesture. I essentially was ****** out of $135 by him on these two "for sale" threads:

SV Shock: http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,33848.0.html
Track suit: http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,33881.0.html

I'd also like to thank Rinzler for trying to get him to ship the items. It looked like it would finally happen, but to my best knowledge never did.

Here's the timeline of what took place.

Aug 21, 2011 - Stealthee sends me payment request for the SV 650 shock. I pay him the same day.
Aug 22, 2011 - Stealthee sends me an email telling me that he is "shipping the shock tomorrow", Aug 23, 2011
Sep 6, 2011 - Stealthee sends me PayPal payment request for the track suit. I pay him the same day.
Sep 6, 2011 - Stealthee send me an email telling me that he just got off the phone with his friend Bob, who was supposed to ship the shock, but didn't, so it's going to be packaged up with the track suit and sent together. I request that he send me the tracking number when it's all sent.
Sep 10, 2011 - Stealthee confirms my request for tracking number, saying that he hasn't sent it yet b/c it's been raining and he only rides the motorcycle and does not want to get the box wet.
Sep 16, 2011 - Still waiting for tracking number. Send Stealthee an email asking what's up. He replies the same day saying that the weather improved, but now his bike is broken. Says he will ask a roommate for a ride to the post office
Sep 24, 2011 - Still waiting for tracking number. Send Stealthee an email asking what's going on.
Sep 26, 2011 - No word from Stealthee. Send another email. He replies with "hey just gotta send u the shipping ticket number.", which I understood as it has been shipped. But he does not send the tracking number.
Sep 30, 2011 - I send another email asking for the tracking number.
Oct 2, 2011 - I send an email asking for the tracking number.
Oct 5, 2011 - I send an email asking what is going on.
Oct 7, 2011 - I send another email to Stealthee wondering what is going on. At this point I'm saying that I be getting in touch with PayPal. I also contact Rinzler for any assistance he can provide.
Oct 7, 2011 - Stealthee finally responds saying that the package was probably returned to his mom's house b/c it was going to Canada (as if he wasn't aware of that before). Still does not provide me with a tracking number.
Oct 10, 2011 - Stealthee says he coulnd't ship the package because it was Columbus Day.
Oct 11, 2011 - I ask again whether the package has been shipped
Oct 11, 2011 - Stealthee replies saying that he is at work and will update when he is out of there
Oct 12, 2011 - I ask again whether the package has been shipped
Oct 13, 2011 - I ask again whether the package has been shipped
Oct 14, 2011 - Stealthee's friend Bob gets in touch with me from Darick's email saying that the package is with him and will be shipped within an hour. Asks me to confirm shipping address. I confirm. And ask him to send me the tracking number.
Oct 17, 2011 - I request a tracking number again.
Oct 19, 2011 - Another request for the tracking number.
Oct 22, 2011 - Final ultimatum. Asking him to ship the package by Monday, Oct 24. Telling him I will go to PayPal, post this on the forum, and go to local authorities if I can find out where the **** he lives.

So today is Oct 24, 2011 and I have not heard a single thing. No tracking number. No nothing. Fucking bullshit is what I say.
WOW!!! what a chicken **** way to treat people. Karma is a mo-fo and bites hard!!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
this thread has a tone of deja vu, as in this same story's been told before with the same characture. Nothing worse than having to chase down a purchase and be told a lot of bs in the process. Good luck getting some sort of resolve.

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
Luco - Sorry to hear. Best thing to do is go to PayPal as other members have suggested. BTW as somebody else mentioned there may have been a similar issue with this member in the past. Good luck I hope it works out in your favor.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Last time I had to deal with something like this on PayPal the time limit was 45 days to file a complaint after the payment was sent, not sure if that has changed or not. Another thing why don't we have a seller rating sub forum like other boards? I think it would help a lot to keep others from getting screwed over by the same person while letting others know who IS good to deal with.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Heed my warning all users, NEVER use your checking account through Paypal!!!

Link a credit card with excellent protection to it and use that for ALL payments. I use a CC and when Paypal has tried to jerk around with me, the issuing has gotten my money back within days and handled all the BS with Paypal. Paypal protection is total and utter BS.

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
dragknee said:
Last Active: 23 October 2011, 13:26:04

·
Administrator
25,165 Posts
i did that yesterday. it's kinda like purgatory. can't do **** except read your PMs and reply to messages. the For Sale and Garage Sale sections are read-only, and you cant change or delete anything... not even your profile.

no take backsies for those on probation.

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
Rinzler said:
i did that yesterday. it's kinda like purgatory. can't do **** except read your PMs and reply to messages. the For Sale and Garage Sale sections are read-only, and you cant change or delete anything... not even your profile.

no take backsies for those on probation.
Wow. Is that new? I've never seen the status say banned or something to that effect either.

·
Administrator
25,165 Posts
It is a new membergroup i created specifically for problematic members. I wanted to make a group for people who were not trustworthy any longer due to deals gone bad and label them so others would know not to do business with that person. i didn't want them to be able to make transactions with other members, further ripping them off. I don't want to outright ban that person either because then they no longer would have the means to address the situation on the boards. It started actually with this issue, and i had intended to use it for Stealthee if he failed to do his due diligence.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the kind words!

I am passed the 45 days with PayPal, so I don't think I'll be getting any money back from them. I did contact them though, just in case. Maybe they can freeze his account instead. And yeah, in retrospect I should have done it sooner. I guess I was trying to be nice and understanding as sometimes life happens. Then a few days slack drags into a month and then, before I know it, it's been 2 months.

With Rinzlers help I have a pretty good idea where Stealthee lives. Just got of the phone with the Sheriff's Office in Holiday, FL. They took down some information, so maybe something will come out of that. Although I realize they probably have bigger things to worry about than small online fraud.

·
Administrator
25,165 Posts
Fraud using the postal service is a felony.

I realize that life does happen, but unless you are in a coma, dead, or worse, you have obligations to address (and that includes personal catastrophic loss of life of a loved one). it takes less than 30 minutes to ship a package to Canada. if you are not willing to see the deal through from start to finish, then don't bother listing your stuff here. You'll have a lifetime to grieve, believe me... take a day to sleep it off, then get on with life and take care of business.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You are right. I should have been more firm about not being dicked around like that.

·
Registered
729 Posts
At least within the terms of the paypal protection but I can understand wanting to give the benefit of the doubt. I would still persue the paypal help given the history you have, nothing (more) to lose.

·
Banned
4,959 Posts
luco.vico said:
Thanks for the kind words!

I am passed the 45 days with PayPal, so I don't think I'll be getting any money back from them. I did contact them though, just in case. Maybe they can freeze his account instead. And yeah, in retrospect I should have done it sooner. I guess I was trying to be nice and understanding as sometimes life happens. Then a few days slack drags into a month and then, before I know it, it's been 2 months.

With Rinzlers help I have a pretty good idea where Stealthee lives. Just got of the phone with the Sheriff's Office in Holiday, FL. They took down some information, so maybe something will come out of that. Although I realize they probably have bigger things to worry about than small online fraud.
I'm sorry to hear about this. As a small " community" we should be able to get along with each other and treat each other fairly. To renage on a deal made in good faith between members stinks.
Good luck, I hope everything get's sorted, one way or another.

1 - 20 of 784 Posts