Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m at the point of deciding on the final look.
The bike is finished except for the passenger pegs (like anyone wants to be on the back anyway) just the transfers to do. I want to stay with the gen 1 look but not a real fan of the Kawasaki on the front faring. Also with the gpz(ex) it’s a real mish mash of fonts. Also I want to stick with 2 colours not 3. Send some inspiration my way.(images)This thing goes like stink by the way!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
So I’m at the point of deciding on the final look.
The bike is finished except for the passenger pegs (like anyone wants to be on the back anyway) just the transfers to do. I want to stay with the gen 1 look but not a real fan of the Kawasaki on the front faring. Also with the gpz(ex) it’s a real mish mash of fonts. Also I want to stick with 2 colours not 3. Send some inspiration my way.(images)This thing goes like stink by the way!!!

Please don't make it the cheesy wanna be flames they are cheesier than chuck e cheese

The long triangles I like

Please take some inspiration from the ninja 250 nocturne blue

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t think I’m into flames... well unless they are coming out the exhaust.

Red and black looks great, what else is out there?

·
Registered
29 Posts
That gold does look pretty slick. Also for the record I said the flames are cheesy. and put the flames at the same angle and do the long thin triangles.

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts

Classic Zeppelin :grin2:

·
Registered
400 Posts
@kiwigpz:

I dunno. To me, that unadorned black looks clean and menacing. I'd be tempted do nothing and let people wonder what they are looking at. If they've just got to know, make 'em read the fine print on the engine cases.

But if you just can't help yourself, a minimal amount of thin gold striping to accent the contours and compliment the front end would look nice.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So subtle enough that other riders will know they just got burnt by a 30 year old commuter bike!

·
Banned
4,959 Posts
The gold and black is classic 80s, what else is out there?

LOL, Not 80's...70's, thats the scheme from JPS Lotus 72C F1 car.

All reference to Kawasaki has been removed...including engine case's.

Here in the UK, the Registration plate gives the year, so X is 99/2000....how many 99/2000 1st gen's do you know of,>:)
Get's people scratching their heads when I park it anywhere,LOL.

Colour wise I think a green "outline" around the edge of all the plastic's would make your bike stand out nicely.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I still want it to look like a gen 1 Gpz, kind of like the wolf in sheep clothing, maybe I should do a nursery rhyme theme.......or something from Batman!

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Batmobile idea makes me think of KSIs's wrapped Lambo. I think they called the faceted panel outline the Tron look.

I wouldn't do those colors. As it's a black bike already, I'd just get some reflective tape in an "electric" color (blue, green, white) and make it look like Automan's car... from the 80's.

·
Registered
48 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts