Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few years back I did a day with TPM and it was $240. Now I stimade it to at least $265 not including gas, travel food and like Fog said crashing. So it's more like $350 for one day of five 20 min sessions if I am Lucky. I hope my wife never reads this post.lol

· Registered
4,424 Posts
Racing is only cheaper on paper.

cost per lap, track days are a better value.

Plus there are "hidden" costs in racing (or just going faster in general...) Speed makes things more expensive. In one season, I dropped $280 on a generator, $200 on tire warmers, $250 on my transponder (which you can rent), $110(?) for my race school, and another $110 for my race license. And I went CHEAP on all that stuff. My warmers and transponder were used. My generator is far from the quiet inverter models, and I was running last year's race tire models.

Then it's $85/$65/$55 for each race class.

I can do a track day at Nelson Ledges for $150 and do seven 20-minute sessions, turning way more laps, without the need to run warmers, or ride race tires, or run a transponder, etc. Without competition, there is no reason to buy competitive advantages.

· Registered
4,424 Posts
FWIW, track days on the XR100 are $25-$35, and it's every bit as much fun as it ever was on a big bike.

· Registered
233 Posts
kinda old thread.. but first timers at Harris Hill Raceway pay 100 bucks for the day if they are with a member.. membership is 150 a month, and you get 6 track days each month.

· Registered
144 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
Eagle Canyon in Decatur Texas. Signing up for my first track day in July. It's 100.00 for a full Saturday (7:00am to 5:00pm), You'll get about 7 runs on the track, each followed by classroom instruction. And the kicker is......if it's your first time its only 50.00 bucks with free leathers and boots! They have three different levels, I obviously will be doing the beginner one. I'm excited. A buddy told me he had been riding for 17 years and his first treack day there made him a better street rider. The only downside is July.....in Texas.....in leathers. I'll deal with it though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.