Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's advertised as a 1996 EX500 / ninja that got repainted.. Now tell me, what's wrong ?

It's for sale for 2000$ and 44 000 km

·
Registered
146 Posts
OK. Since no reply was posted at this time I'm going to make a guess. First off it doesn't look like gen 2 to me. I'd go with it's a gen1.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Drum brake = Liars.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Where are the air ducts in the upper front fairing...why is the screen mounted to the outside of the fairing...16" wheels...and the list goes on and on! :p

The seller should be ashamed!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many good answers here 8)

Oh yeah, on my 1st gen, the side panels are flat, the ones on this ride seem to be 2nd gen side panels cut down to fit a 1st gen...

The red on the tank (which I suspect is stock) doesn't match the rest of the bike either..

Yeah, a drum on a 96 ?! and the front disc is on the same side as a 1st gen...

The thing that I'm not sure about is if the mirrors are stock.. There's rash on them though...

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is it just me or the front fairing seems to be made of a part of an ex-500 (lower part, where ninja is written) and a part of a ZX-11 or something (the top) ???

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yeah, a guy I'm working with wanted to get this bike.. I asked him to get the vin #...

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Frog said:
Many good answers here 8)

Oh yeah, on my 1st gen, the side panels are flat, the ones on this ride seem to be 2nd gen side panels cut down to fit a 1st gen...

The red on the tank (which I suspect is stock) doesn't match the rest of the bike either..

Yeah, a drum on a 96 ?! and the front disc is on the same side as a 1st gen...

The thing that I'm not sure about is if the mirrors are stock.. There's rash on them though...
Everything on that bike is 1st gen stuff. I'd say the side panels are just a matter of the lighting accenting it - 2nd gen bikes don't have the plastic ears that cover the passenger peg mounts.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nick D said:
Everything on that bike is 1st gen stuff. I'd say the side panels are just a matter of the lighting accenting it - 2nd gen bikes don't have the plastic ears that cover the passenger peg mounts.
Really ? I'll have to check that...

You got sharp eyes Nick D :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nick D said:
Nah, I just sit in the garage a lot staring at my bike :p.
Me too. It's the only thing to do with this crummy weather the Northeast is getting right now! Don't get me wrong, I ride in the rain and cold plenty, but going to meet clients wearing sopping wet clothes doesn't usually present well...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Uh, yea. Sure it is! ;)

CLEARLY not a Gen 2.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If that's on eBay report it immediately, if you haven't already.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts