1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I guess that illustrate the need for proper footwear on bikes..

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
i think his only chance would have been full on race boots. sux to be him ;D

C

·
0 Posts
"It's okay dude... it's not that bad..."
[then to the 911 operator]: "Um Hi, it's a motorcycle accident, a broken leg, it's like the worst uhhh..." :D

I must be a monster for not being able to scare up a little sympathy for stunters tooling around in their Fila shoes. ;D
-CCinC

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm trying.....EXTREMELY HARD.....to feel sorry for this guy. But to me? It's kinda like when a bull gores a rider at the rodeo. You do something careless, like tying a rope around his nads, then you get what's coming to you. ::)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yea that's the one I saw before- I heard he was on the passenger pegs when his foot slipped off into the chain / rear sprocket. Doubt he will ever ride again...

·
Registered
405 Posts
bloody idiot so far as I'm concerned

·
Registered
192 Posts
flippin nasty... sucks that he will have to live with that... but what moron wastes a 600 or 1000cc race bike by doing wheelies and stoppies... you should be taking that stuff to the track and wasting other people on them ;D

·
Registered
199 Posts
You know when I see stuff like this I think to myself:

"SELF....you should really stop wearing skater shoes when you ride..."

and then I also think to myself

"SELF....you should really sell your damn motorcycle."

And then I go for a ride and feel better :)

kthnxbye

·
Registered
779 Posts
epic thread revival?

but yea, i already know that when i do get into stunting and etc, im wearing full body gear and some nice alph. boots,

M

·
0 Posts
The only reason I don't tell people not to stunt is because I hope to one day laugh hysterically when their fail video ends up on the internet.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Pogo said:
On which you'll blow $500, and then crash your bike blowing another $1500
bah, pogo pogo, tbh stunting is a process. Like if i was to stunt i would wanna be as protected as possible, i plan on getting a stunt cage and frame sliders to minimize the possible wreck, please dont talk like its impossible. You have to learn somewhere, if i choose to take that chance that's me. Taking babysteps is key.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Yeah, but as I recall, you, like me, are usually strapped for cash. Anyone who stunts their motorcycle will tell you that it is EXPENSIVE. Medical bills, motorcycle repairs, mods to make the bike more stuntable, occasional tickets from those pesky cops, etc.

If you're serious about it, I recommend getting a "fiddy" to fool around on. I picked up a fully-stunted out CRF-50 for $800, and so far I've managed to have some good fun without killing myself. Only downside is you get even more weird looks than your average wheelie-junkie, since you're doing it on a little kid's bike.

But unless you've got lots of money to blow, I'd play it safe for now.

·
Registered
779 Posts
ShadesOfGray said:
Yeah, but as I recall, you, like me, are usually strapped for cash. Anyone who stunts their motorcycle will tell you that it is EXPENSIVE. Medical bills, motorcycle repairs, mods to make the bike more stuntable, occasional tickets from those pesky cops, etc.

If you're serious about it, I recommend getting a "fiddy" to fool around on. I picked up a fully-stunted out CRF-50 for $800, and so far I've managed to have some good fun without killing myself. Only downside is you get even more weird looks than your average wheelie-junkie, since you're doing it on a little kid's bike.

But unless you've got lots of money to blow, I'd play it safe for now.
i fully agree with you bud, the plan is to play it safe until i feel i have room to spare a possible loss, ill buy me a cheap stunt bike when i have the cash for it, practice and master my craft of stunting on there, and eventually from there move onto a decent used bike, which by then my margin of error should be so far down, that me dropping the decent used bike would be low either way, that's the plan :p but that's all a process im in no rush.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts