Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 92 all stock
when i really wheely it the oil light pops on then when i come down it goes away in a minute
i got 3 quarts in there
should i run a half more or its normal?

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
Don't wheelie.

FOG

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
if this is purely for stunt and that's your specialty, then yes run a little more. besides, it'll be bleeding out the engine case soon enough.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I can't go very far since I haven't mastered shifting while up but I've only seen the light pop on once and that as I was coming down so it went right out. I run about 1/3 below the top of the window. Maybe that will help.

A Kawi mechanic told me to limit a wheelie on the EX to about 100 yds but I haven't even come close to that I don't think.

·
Registered
54 Posts
my guess is that when you wheelie the oil shifts back away from the sensor so it cuts on. when you set it down the oil hits the sensor and turns off the light.

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
No, not the sensor the oil pickup screen, located in the foward portion of the sump. The Sensor is turned on after the oil pressure is gone. This is just about the best way to loose an engines short of parking it on the tracks.

FOG

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Allright, you heard it from The Man, wheely your ex and you're starving it from it's precious fluid..

I'm wondering how good looking a wheely is when the engine locks throwing the rider flying through the air...

S

·
0 Posts
Why aren't there more videos of that around?

If you want a wheelie-machine, get something with a dry sump oil system.

·
Registered
169 Posts
yeah, our bike's oiling system is not prepared for wheelies. Our engines don't need any help destroying themselves either haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts