Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did full rebuild on my 1992 ex500 timing chain was rattling that's what made me take it apart not to mention it has 25k on it it's running great but I want more not from a new bike from my good old ex I'm not rich but a could throw 3 k toward the project and I can Do the work so is there a bore kit pistons and liners that lets me go up without cutting into the water jackets there close also bigger cams?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to get picks of new parts I got excited and put it all back together fast right when I was done cleaning

·
Registered
679 Posts
Engine dynamics, BRG, Megacycle cams, there were others but that's all i can recall- they used to have parts for racing/building an EX motor. The motor started out as a 400, got bumped to 454, then to 500 for the EX500- that's why there's not much room to go bigger. With the cam chain in the middle, the crank is weak and tends to break when you go bigger. It's hard building one up knowing it's gonna grenade eventually. Wolf 66 built a racebike, do a search- Falicon crank, 650 or 680 cc, megacycle cams, like 80 hp... it cost over 5,000 to build the motor back in the 90's- I bought it in pieces, i'll sell it since i got an RZ350 i'd rather get together, but the Falicon has rust on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts