Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding my bike about 3 weeks ago and the clutch would grab about half way through the lever travel. I got on my bike today and the clutch was grabbing at the end of the lever travel. does anyone know what happen? did i break it? is there an adjustment for the clutch? i could really use some help. Oh yeah im kinda new. hi. ;D

·
Registered
279 Posts
it adjusts just like a bicycle brake. two nuts at the end of the clutch handle, just spin them to tighten the clutch friction point more forward to the grip.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
where does it engage? closer to the bar, or near the end of the lever's range of motion? from how you post it, you might need to replace your clutch cable, or clean/lube it.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
well, I personally think lubing the cable is a good idea, especially if you havent done it in awhile, or dont know if its ever been done.

it might just need an adjustment.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
possibly. it may also not fully engage, or become hard to engage if not cleaned and lubed periodically. to do this, just take the end of the cable in the clutch perch out, get one of the cable lube attachments and some good grease to lubricate the cable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts