Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
Well i'm looking at Dunlops motorcycle lineup, and there aint nothin but the 208SM... they have other sizes in 150/60 but nothing in a 208 series. perhaps a discontinued size? how old are the tires? do you know?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last year, I have heard of people getting the "special" little tires for the EX's I'll get in touch with Jeff Wood.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used to back in the days (early 90'). I am getting ready to do a couple of track days and if the itch cannot be scratched some PT and formula 40 action. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
cool bro, I'm scheduled to be working or riding at 6 of Tony's Track Days & racing just about every LRRS race weekend so hopefully I'll see ya there. Lemme know when you're headin up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For sure, I am ready to go except for the tires. What do you run?

I'll be the deep purple EX with A/Stars red old WSK Bostrom suit with blue kagayama shoei.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm runnin Pirelli supercorsas for now. Once i finish em off I think I might try the Dunlops, but I've got one more set in my basement & at the rate I go through tires I'll probably end up selling the EX before I get a chance to try the 'lops :D

Gray EX, white/gray IXS leathers. #182, yellow plates.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i'm going to try the dunlops as well this year.
Been searching on line for a vendor, but have not found one that carry's the right sizes.
May have to wait until I get to the track on 4/27

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My problem is I cannot make the first 2 race weekend and I assume there is no vendor on track days..... :-[

·
Registered
53 Posts
http://www.dunlopracing.com/
Sport Tires Services on the West Coast
Race Tire Services on the /East Coast
I run a 155 slick on my EX, and my racing partner runs a 165 slick.
They don't make 208gp's anymore.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a set of the Euro 208GP's that I picked up brand new last season. I'll mount them up right after I rip through the set of SuperCorsa's I have now. I'll let you guys know how they do.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've got some race take offs that are Dunlop Sportmax D208s 120/70/17 & 150/60/17. They probably have some life left in them. The reason I took them off is because Cornerspeed likes pretty much brand new tires for its track days. I've got (2) rears and (1) front. I'd sell them cheap if anybody wants them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts