Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just got my Ninja 500R a couple days ago and the rear brakes are shot. Essentially no pad left and the rotor is heavily warped. Partzilla quotes over $200 for a new rotor but I'm trying to save money so I'm wondering where else you would recommend getting a new rear rotor from.

Thanks, Mr.Blu

·
Registered
352 Posts
ebay?

·
Super Moderator
14,777 Posts
^ while supporting a fellow EX member rather than an Ebay stranger, too

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Found your post, posted a reply there.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I've already hooked up the OP with a rotor for 5 bucks.

For the record, I've run Volar chains before and they were the single worst purchase I ever made for my bike. I went through 2 in 8,000 miles each, which is confirmed garbage for an o-ring chain. I will never recommend that brand to anyone for anything, ever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all,

I just got my Ninja 500R a couple days ago and the rear brakes are shot. Essentially no pad left and the rotor is heavily warped. Partzilla quotes over $200 for a new rotor but I'm trying to save money so I'm wondering where else you would recommend getting a new rear rotor from.

Thanks, Mr.Blu
I had the same problem. New ones are expensive, so I bought a used one from eBay for $29.00 and it works great. It was a bit rusty when I received it, but looks like brand new after the first ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts