Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For such a good site i can't belive there isn't more bike pics. It helps other riders come up with new idea's
so lets get the gallery fatter.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well.. I would have had a lot to contribute today, but my camera was taken along with a bunch of other gear. So all the pictures I managed to get are gone. After I replace everything, I'll try another trip with pictures.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hollywood - Where did you get the red paint for the lower fairing to match the rest? I like that a lot better than the black.

-Chris

·
Registered
199 Posts
hmm... k here's a bunch of meaningless photos from me.

This lady took my bike up to 120 indicated :(

I love California

Beach junks

after some new decalage:

howzat ???

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I like beach junk and the Cali one ;)

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Lacessit said:
Well.. I would have had a lot to contribute today, but my camera was taken along with a bunch of other gear. So all the pictures I managed to get are gone. After I replace everything, I'll try another trip with pictures.
What the hell? You can't just mention that in passing, what happened?!

EDIT: This was posted thinking that you'd been robbed. I was going to delete this post after reading more about what happened recently, bit I'll leave it up in case you want to talk about it or need to vent. We're a whole forum of ears if you need them, or shoulders just the same.

·
Registered
308 Posts
im actually diggin some of the decals. esp on the lower chin fairing.

i put up a few a bit ago, but i got a new nikon D200 in and im itchin to use all of its 10.2mpx goodness

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nick D said:
Lacessit said:
What the hell? You can't just mention that in passing, what happened?!

EDIT: This was posted thinking that you'd been robbed. I was going to delete this post after reading more about what happened recently, bit I'll leave it up in case you want to talk about it or need to vent. We're a whole forum of ears if you need them, or shoulders just the same.
Well I was only robbed because of my stupidity. I took a 320 mile ride to Cincinnati last weekend. After a great time, on the way back I stopped for gas and took my tankbag off so I could open the gas tank.

Stupid part: I didn't take my helmet off, because I "was in a hurry". I finished filling up and jumped back out on the road to make some travel time. ~80 miles later I reached across to adjust my trousers that'd bunched up and realized my hand passed right over my tank w/o hitting the bag. In stunned disbelief I looked down to see I'd never replaced it on the tank. The chinbar on my helmet keeps me from seeing pretty much anything below the gauges.

I turned around, praying.. and swearing.. but when I got back to the gas station it was long gone.

$80 tankbag
$300 camera
$140 sunglasses
$50 rainsuit
another $100 misc stuff

...and a priceless flask & hat received as gifts = one helluva lesson in patience and stupidity. I can't even blame the thieving *$^#%@!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Lacessit said:
Well I was only robbed because of my stupidity. I took a 320 mile ride to Cincinnati last weekend. After a great time, on the way back I stopped for gas and took my tankbag off so I could open the gas tank.

Stupid part: I didn't take my helmet off, because I "was in a hurry". I finished filling up and jumped back out on the road to make some travel time. ~80 miles later I reached across to adjust my trousers that'd bunched up and realized my hand passed right over my tank w/o hitting the bag. In stunned disbelief I looked down to see I'd never replaced it on the tank. The chinbar on my helmet keeps me from seeing pretty much anything below the gauges.

I turned around, praying.. and swearing.. but when I got back to the gas station it was long gone.

$80 tankbag
$300 camera
$140 sunglasses
$50 rainsuit
another $100 misc stuff

...and a priceless flask & hat received as gifts = one helluva lesson in patience and stupidity. I can't even blame the thieving *$^#%@!
lol @ me. I guess I was tired when I came back and edited my post, somehow I got you and lucky mixed up and thought it had something to do with his dad. Sorry about that, didn't mean to get all sappy about it.

Be sure to let the gas station owner/employees and the local PD know what happened. There are some decent people out there - if I'd have found it I probably would've given it to the gas station if they looked like decent people or just snatched it to take to the police so it didn't end up in someone else's house somewhere. With all the dirty dogs out there it's likely it's gone, though. I'm really sorry to hear it.

I've lost several pair of sunglasses that way. I pop them off to get gas, and when I put my helmet on I leave them sitting on the saddle bag or rear seat. One pair I found where they fell off, run over at least once. Another pair must've been picked up. Right now I'm looking for my most recent glasses, they may be yet another casualty.

It's hard to swallow, but don't beat yourself up too bad. People make mistakes - it's still the fault of the dirty sacks of **** who picked it up that you don't have your stuff. I'd be mad as hell myself.

S

·
0 Posts
Lacessit said:

$80 tankbag
$300 camera
$140 sunglasses
$50 rainsuit
another $100 misc stuff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts