Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....write down if it was just a track day though....

I'll go 1st, add a little description maybe...I've raced all 5 of these in CCS racing many times...

1.Moroso Motorsports Park, W Palm Bch- my home track for the CCS Fla region, fast and fun 10 turns 2.25m

2.Daytona International Speedway-twice a yr, 3 races ea, bikeweek and biketoberfest, what can you say, its DAYTONA! road course 3.56m. 31 degree banking

3.Road Atlanta, Braselton GA- AWESOME hills and curves -2.54m -12 turns

4.Roebling Road, Savanah GA - kinda small and windy- 2.02m 9 turns

5.Talladega GP Raceway, Munford, AL- tiny bumpy gocart track that i hate... 1.3m- 7 turns

....and 1 trackday at Sebring, Fla, bumpy and too many walls.....

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and more track maps:

Tracks i wanted to go to bad but never did:

Laguna Seca
Road America
Willow Springs

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sears Pt Sonoma, CA- 11 turns 7 elevation changes. Skill wins over horsepower.
Thunderhill Willows, CA 15 turns 4 elevataion changes. Long fast turns, wide open racing.
Buttonwillow Raceway, Buttonwillow, CA 13 turns only 1 real elevation, flat fast, but technical
Willow Springs, Rosamond, CA The fastest road in the west! 9 turns 2 elevation changes, but you're in 5th or 6th gear for most of the track. (trackday)

I would love to ride at:
Laguna (85db limit!)
Miller
VIR
Barber
Monza
Assen

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oak Hill Raceway
Texas World Speedway
Texas Motor Speedway
Motorsports Ranch
Hallett Motor Racing Circuit
Autodromo de Monterrey
Hawaii Raceway Park
Willow Springs
Indianapolis (Raceway park, not the 500 oval.)
Road Atlanta

I think that's all.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that Road Atlanta before or after they got rid of gravity cavity?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, it was back in the day when it was scary. Gravity cavity and NO runoff to the wall.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
re: gravity gavity

I know, was that a wild ride or what? top gear over that lip weeeeeeeee....down then weeeeeeee back up hard on the brakes, down the hill and right to that dang wall going into the straight, my brother passed me there on the outside in the rain once, almost bought the wall so to speak..

Also saw a guy buy it dead at the bottom of the cavity on a 750/1000 when he had a tank slapper at the top and went off to the right at the bottom...

My brother and i both ran off the track in #3 on our 1st time around that track......(its a blind right/left at the top of a hill)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did it on a stock early model EX. It hadda be absolute he11 on a big bike.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah my wrench Chip was there racing once when i was camping in the infield, he was on a GSXR-750 with a 1100 motor stuffed into it, did not look fun to me, but the wheelies out of 5 every time were cool...

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Outrace said:
Oak Hill Raceway
Texas World Speedway
Texas Motor Speedway
Motorsports Ranch
Hallett Motor Racing Circuit
Autodromo de Monterrey
[shadow=red,left]Hawaii Raceway Park[/shadow]
Willow Springs
Indianapolis (Raceway park, not the 500 oval.)
Road Atlanta
Dude, did you ship your bike to Hawaii to race?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nope, lived there and started racing there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok, so can anybody tell me what Louden is like? I hear all sorts of godlike things about EX racers from Louden. ;D

·
Registered
100 Posts
TheIglu said:
I've beat biggity many times at Louden ;D
yes, he has. He's god darn fast!!!!

Loudon is a tight technical track that rewards late braking, cornerspeed, and tight lines.

·
Registered
722 Posts

does look extremely difficult. but I'm biased to my state and will say Barber's > Loudon even though I've never raced at either or at all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Until you have raced Loudon, you have no idea of the many challenges of the course. It's pretty much bumpy enough to be motocross on pavement.

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
Hey Jason, where did you get that tracklayout of Loudon? It shows a layout that is never used for Motorcycles omitting the south Chicane.
We did run a race weekend that way once whe they were Paving pit road , but that was it.

A little side story: That weekend was when I learned to slide the tires, front and rear. going around the Nascar turn 1,2 took forever and you reached you maximum in the first 100 feet, then you just crused around the rest. I found that I had plenty of time at full lean to speed up a bit and feel the rear tire give up a little. You could mess around with the throttle and hang it out as much as you wanted. Great Fun.

FOG

·
Registered
722 Posts
I just searched loudon on google images, that had another one that was bigger so I used this one, it still shows the south chicane but it isnt greyed out as travel.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts