Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Hmmm... cut off the back seat handle to save weight?
Maybe it got broken & they just cleaned it up.
Guess I agree with those who think the left side looks better with the coolant overflow tank painted black.
(Leaving an unpainted stripe to check coolant level.)

R

·
0 Posts
What is that strapped below the seat, that blue bottle? I have an idea what it could be...

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Hey ! Who stole my plans ?! ;D

Pretty sure it's a shock reservoir too..

It's got dual discs in front and I haven't seen these wheels before, they look aftermarket..

Am I seeing rearsets on this ? It's defenately not the same rear brake lever than my 1st gen..

It has 1st gen plastics and rear disc..?

I think the owner took the intsrument cluster off of that bike.. There's not enough space to cram it between the handles

Gosh I love that matte black finish :eek:

Did I miss anything ?

Where did you found that ?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Looks to me like he swapped the front and rear suspensions completely out of the bike - the wheels and everything are completely different.

MrSciTrek said:
Hmmm... cut off the back seat handle to save weight?
Maybe it got broken & they just cleaned it up.
I've got a spare handle at home that I cut down like that (well, not exactly, mine is shaped to match the seat). I did it originally 1) to make it not look like a 1980's motorcycle and 2) once I filled the front 1/2+ of the seat the passenger would have a handle crammed up their rearend.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I REALLY want to paint my bike that matte black color. But then I'd need black wheels, and a few headaches would ensue.

Anyone painted bikes before? How much time am I looking at here?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Alot of prep work . If your plastic is in good condition you'd have to remove plastic , scuff , clean , and paint . You would want to use a urathane based 1 stage paint . It very user friendly and will flex .

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Exactly why I told him the prep work take alot of time . And to use a single stage urathane (base and clear all in one shot) , also known as 1-Shot .

·
Registered
301 Posts
Back in the day on the old forum that guy was a memeber. I remember him showing pics. It's a great bike.

·
Registered
192 Posts
that bike is pretty wicked... but the front end looks a little strange.... whoever it is should fabricate a small front fairing to cover the (coolant?) but yeah... they made some sweet mods with the fox rear shock, dual front disc brakes and chopped rear handle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts