Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Vandals are a common problem of any wiki. I've rolled it back once myself before as well, maybe a week or two ago :-\

·
Registered
471 Posts
It saves its self at a point in time. So when it becomes coruppted by some idiot you can reset it to that earlier time. Your home PC should have that same feature too. Just a safety net

·
Registered
577 Posts
Administrator said:
Hmmm... I have to look into this - thought Wiki editing was restricted to registered users only.

Is there a log of the changes made? Username, time, etc?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, there's a log of who does what and when. But the person who fxcked up the wiki, their username was gibberish. Just random numbers and letters, some username I've never seen before. Reeks of some kind of automated software or something, methinks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
ShadesOfGray said:
Yeah, there's a log of who does what and when. But the person who fxcked up the wiki, their username was gibberish. Just random numbers and letters, some username I've never seen before. Reeks of some kind of automated software or something, methinks.
Looks that way to me as well. One thing that's strange is that 194.165.42.59 has been (inconsistently) changing "Talk:Frame Sliders" over and over, and the content looks like a temporary repository of links to various sites (probably ridden with viruses and such, I clicked on a couple and it screwed with my window sizes and opened a bunch of pop-ups warning me that "my computer might be infected by viruses!". Mac FTW, no viruses ;) ). You might try just banning those IPs, and hoping that whoever it is goes away, but using a proxy really isn't that challenging, so locking it down to registered users only might be a better long-term solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts