Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The nose cowl on my 2007 Ninja 500 was all tore up so I bought one like this (eBay item 181974519512) to replace it.

When I tried to make the swap I noticed that the one I bought has these 4 screws protruding out on the inside, and mine doesn't have those.

Will it still fit? Why is it different?
Head Eye Arm Mouth Jaw

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
possibly headlight mounting points try your head light to see if they line up on the bracket.

·
Tanker Clown
8,753 Posts
Define “work”. Anything will work….in a pinch. It may look like a$$ but it’ll work. It’ll need a lot of “massaging” to fit, but it’ll work.

Anything can be made to work, it just depends on how much time, energy and money you want to put into it to make it work.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Define “work”. Anything will work….in a pinch. It may look like a$$ but it’ll work. It’ll need a lot of “massaging” to fit, but it’ll work.

Anything can be made to work, it just depends on how much time, energy and money you want to put into it to make it work.
yes all that is true it, also depends on whether it's new or used (hard to tell from one photo) if it's used some PO could have modified it. if it's new and aftermarket these tend to be rough cast GRP and need finishing off and fitting for best "fit" the more work you put into it the better the end result.

Reactions: FlipFlop

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Looks like possibly an AirTech fiberglass replacement fairing. You may have to grind and fill here and there, as aftermarket parts are not up to OEM standards of fit and finish. If you need to fill, a fiberglass boat repair kit, or Bondo fiberglass kit will work just fine.

Reactions: FlipFlop
1 - 5 of 5 Posts