Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I looked at the different topics and stuff... but nowhere did anything really get said about preference

I have found 4 availible screens

Lockhart Philips... 49.99 standard dark replacement

Targa... 49.99 standard light smoke replacement

Zero Gravity... SR seris 67.99 any color
Touring Seris 74.99 any color

Just wondered if the ZG's are worth the extra money...
Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ive got a ZG on my bike light smoke SR series. Personally I dont like it and it wasnt worth the money. I had to slightly dremel the holes a lil larger for the gromets to push inside to attach to the bike. Phillips from what i hear is nice. But all is up to you my friend its all about what you want.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I found the Philips one for $42 and only 6 for shipping... thinking great... this is awesome... my local stealership has it for $99

Well I ordered it last night and then get a phone call that it is on back order and should be in within the week.., but he tried to upsell me the ZG for 69.99.. I was like I'll wait.. haha

Josh

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I liked half of my Philips piece - the other half didn't come with the bike :p. As far as the material and the coloring I was happy with that one, it just had a big chunk missing where the previous owner dumped it somewhere along the way.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The zero gravity is exactly the same as lockhart, I've had both...bought light smoke
LP changed to ZG dark smoke...$74.99 each

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well parts411 finally came thru and shipped the part off of back order. Just got it and installed today. Dark smoke isn't too dark, I am glad that it isn't completely black.

Got some pics to post. Just thought I would share

·
Registered
404 Posts
Item number: 110111400340 on that auction site.
They're universal...though they don't exist specificaly for the 500, the two mounting screws slide to fit any bike.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
90 Posts
hollywood said:
Here's the Zero Gravity
Yea what kind of mirrors are those?? That windscreen looks great!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but also don't want to make a new one with a related question :-\

Are any of you aware where I might be able to get a clear/red wind-screen? I see them made for the EX250 but....

·
Registered
109 Posts
I grabbed a dark smoke Lockhart Phillips last year. It looks great with any colour EX500. Especially the blue '04. In addition to making the bike look more stealth, it actually reduces glare, from amber highway lighting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts