Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will finish paying off the last of my loan on Monday! 10 months sooner than I thought, but when my dad wrote me a check for 1grand(out of nowhere) I couldn't say anything other than thank you, so now the bike will officially be mine! now I can save up for next semester, or more than likely another new bike :p lol.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Watch out for older Dads (I am one).

He may be seeing how wisely you use the gift according to realistic priorities of your life.
Using the $$ to get college taken care of- good.
Using $$ to get a second bike- no more gifts.

Maybe. ??? ;)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MrSciTrek said:
Watch out for older Dads (I am one).

He may be seeing how wisely you use the gift according to realistic priorities of your life.
Using the $$ to get college taken care of- good.
Using $$ to get a second bike- no more gifts.

Maybe. ??? ;)
Oh no, the money he gave is to pay off my bike loan, so I can use the money I make to pay for college and w/e else

Z

·
0 Posts
You have a nice Dad. Be happy, show him your gratitiude and give him a big warm Dad hug.

My two are only 8 and 11 but I still ask for "repayment" for most things I give them. I tell them nothing is free in this world and their repayment is a kiss and a hug.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Keep that good relationship, it's priceless ;)

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
My kids still get on me for one of my daddy tricks.

Every once in a while I'd bring them lunch or dinner with a bite obviously taken out.
They'd fuss a bit & ask why I did that.

"Taxes."

·
Registered
308 Posts
MrSciTrek said:
My kids still get on me for one of my daddy tricks.

Every once in a while I'd bring them lunch or dinner with a bite obviously taken out.
They'd fuss a bit & ask why I did that.

"Taxes."
hahah thats great!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, I'm repaying him by doing his yard work, digging post holes on my days off for his new fence. Then he's buying the 6 acres next to us so that'll be more fence posts to dig.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Jason said:
yea, I'm repaying him by doing his yard work, digging post holes on my days off for his new fence. Then he's buying the 6 acres next to us so that'll be more fence posts to dig.
That's cool, Jason. I trust you have machinery to help, rather than those hand-jam tools.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hand operated T-post driver all the way. for the large corner posts we use old telephone poles that we got from a friend. I dig those hole by hand then mix some cement to pour in with the pole. I grew up doing things like this though so its no problem.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
oh man, ive built more than a few fences in my time lol. my dad always has me doing **** like that. and we never had any fancy tools either... all done by hand for the most part. i mean we had power saws and stuff, but ive dug my fair share of post holes...

i actually enjoy doing stuff like that though. its cool to put up a fence and then look at it like "wow, i MADE that with my hands" :)

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I put in my backyard fence posts using a hand-powered auger (screw/drill) t-handle tool I borrowed.

I will always be thankful that I did so in the spring, after the ground thawed but also before this Nebraska clay dried out to become rock-like!

Also packed them with cement powder. Some guys advised that the cement absorbs the moinsture it needs right from the ground & saves all the mix & pack. It worked out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts