Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could've rode away except the sidestand broke off and KO'ed the stator cover, lost all my oil in a parking lot mishap. Internal damage looks to be limited to a scratched flywheel. My damage was a sore wrist and shoulder.

I was looking forward to this sort of incident. Much like touching an electric fence for the first time I gained from it something you can't otherwise understand no matter how many accounts you read from other people's experiences.

If the parts get here I'll be riding again this weekend. See ya!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
What happened to cause the fall?
In traffic... sand... ???

·
Registered
97 Posts
I wish I was that optimistic after my first fall :S
But I did learn alot after that... good luck with fixing her up.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MrSciTrek said:
What happened to cause the fall?
In traffic... sand... ???
Parking lot, practicing launches. Bike got out from under me, but I still managed to land on top of it.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Now I see why you sounded so optimistic

Welcome to the club of the ones who did ;)

Happy to see you didn't had to crack a bone for that, some pay a way bigger entry fee

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I know I got off cheap and easy. I've talked a few guys at work who went down and didn't "walk it off".

I am still a little sore but fully functioning, not as quick to heal at 45 as 25. The bike is back up and running (rode it home after fixing it), needs a couple more easy fixes though. I'll post a pic of the damaged cover.

I have to say I needed this, mentally. I saw what the bike could do when I went past 100%. One can live at 90% indefinately with no ill effects.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts