Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Brand new bike at school. Student says "Man, somebody just backed into your new bike." And I said "Very funny Max!" "No, I'm serious." Sure enough, somebody backed into my new '07 500r and pushec it back about 12" on the side stand. Scratched up fender and racked front end. Crack in fender behind fork but in front of caliper. Bars about 20 degreees off to the right. Dealer straightened out and ordered new fender and side stand. Will replace tomorrow...$150. It might have happened sooner, or later. In this case it happened sooner! Just explained to my friends that!!! At least it happened when I can get a ft. fender with factory paint!!!!!

Getting full comp and collision at 250/250 in a few days after the repairs are made and photos taken.

Tim

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I mean it would have really been nice that any marks on the new bike had been riding it! I'm still doing the break-in religiously. Am I ALONE!
tim

·
Registered
146 Posts
THis is a good reason to not buy a brand new bike when it hasn't changed in over 10 years...haha. Also did you get theplate of who did it? Get them to pay for the damages. Also try to park so your bike is visible. Not sure what your parking area looks like but I am sure there is somewhere you can park that people can see it.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
bhd1223 said:
THis is a good reason to not buy a brand new bike when it hasn't changed in over 20 years...
There, fixed ;)

This is why I've got a madmax look 1990 bike :)

Sorry about the mishap :(

·
Registered
146 Posts
Frog said:
bhd1223 said:
This is a good reason to not buy a brand new bike when it hasn't changed in over 20 years...
There, fixed ;)

This is why I've got a madmax look 1990 bike :)

Sorry about the mishap :(
Well the current bike is only the same as the 94+. Sure it was practically the same bike from 87?-93 but some slight things did change. Therefore it hasn't changed other than paint color in 13 years.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
bhd1223 said:
Well the current bike is only the same as the 94+. Sure it was practically the same bike from 87?-93 but some slight things did change. Therefore it hasn't changed other than paint color in 13 years.
The rear brake got changed to a disc
The disc changed side on the front wheel
The wheels went from 16 to 17 inches
Front, side and back plastics shape changed but not the lower

Engines are swappable with minor mods : http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,2354.msg27114.html#msg27114
Transmissions are swappable too

I think my Clymers resume the differences between gens in under 20 pages.

Granted, it's not exactly the same thing but pretty darn close to ;)

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Frog said:
bhd1223 said:
The rear brake got changed to a disc
The disc changed side on the front wheel
The wheels went from 16 to 17 inches
Front, side and back plastics shape changed but not the lower

Engines are swappable with minor mods : http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,2354.msg27114.html#msg27114
Transmissions are swappable too

I think my Clymers resume the differences between gens in under 20 pages.

Granted, it's not exactly the same thing but pretty darn close to ;)

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
I believe you are 100% correct. Those are the differences that I know of. I'll give in to you though. Sure, they are relatively unchanged for the past 20 years. Other than paint they haven't changed for 13 though.(I only give so much...haha)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
bhd1223 said:
Sure, they are relatively unchanged for the past 20 years. Other than paint they haven't changed for 13 though.(I only give so much...haha)
Lol !

·
Registered
86 Posts
bhd1223 said:
I believe you are 100% correct. Those are the differences that I know of. I'll give in to you though. Sure, they are relatively unchanged for the past 20 years. Other than paint they haven't changed for 13 though.(I only give so much...haha)
And stickers. If there's one thing I've learned from ricers, it's stickers mean performance. So there must be performance differences between model years too!

G

·
kwont said:
bhd1223 said:
And stickers. If there's one thing I've learned from ricers, it's stickers mean performance. So there must be performance differences between model years too!
Heck yeah!! my stickers are custom so thats gotta be an extra 10hp!! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts