Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was 86° the other day.

I came out this morning to this.

IMG_20210421_122818486_HDR.jpg

It's probably the first time my bike seen snow. "I'm so sorry Ninjy"

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I've been waiting for similar results here in Maine. I think I've been safe because of the coastal temps, but you have my sympathies. Poor bike never stood a chance with that drastic a change. ⛄

·
Registered
567 Posts
We got a light dusting of snow here in Chicago yesterday. It was gone by end of day, and today is back to a typical bright and cool Spring day.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've never seen that before, someone mind explaining what that stuff is? Haven't seen it here in Florida lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We immediately forget what it is from April to October. It's like amnesia.

So now imagine all those lost memories come rushing back!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I've never seen that before, someone mind explaining what that stuff is? Haven't seen it here in Florida lol
Making a mental note to revisit this thread in July/August and ask how you're enjoying your FL weather. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Making a mental note to revisit this thread in July/August and ask how you're enjoying your FL weather. :)
Florida only has 2 seasons, summer and hurricane season. Our choice is basically hot as balls, and hot as balls with a chance of hurricanes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I enjoy riding in the winter, I get to actually wear all my gear. It's been 72° - 75° here in LA for almost a month straight.

·
Registered
241 Posts
^ thats winter? sheesh, you shoulda grown up in North Jersey. You would have had to have electric clothing/thermal suit/and triple pairs of socks on. That's winter! Poor bike getting snowed on, Nice picture!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually thought about a ride just ran out of time in the day. It would have been cool to ride safely with all that snow in the ground. It was so warm before yesterday that nothing stuck to any roads and they didn't bother salting.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
I enjoy riding in the winter, I get to actually wear all my gear. It's been 72° - 75° here in LA for almost a month straight.
Winter such as us Californians get would make any Northerner giggle at the thought of us saying it’s winter.

Not that the Sierras and the high country don’t get cold and socked in with snow. They do and that’s perfectly fine. If I wanna go see it, I can. I don’t gotta live with that kinda weather though.

Bad enough that it gets so hot and dry in summer that things go up in flames at the very thought of it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
^ there is still room in Florida if you feel so inclined. I grew up in the North were I was looked at as an oddity riding all year round. I got up into the mountains and used to wear out the sides of my tyres before the centre treads.

South FL - not much turns around, road racing was more accessible than up North, great weather (hot) hurricanes, excellent roads, (no pot holes) more motorcycle friendly than up North. PEacE

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
^ there is still room in Florida if you feel so inclined. I grew up in the North were I was looked at as an oddity riding all year round. I got up into the mountains and used to wear out the sides of my tyres before the centre treads.

South FL - not much turns around, road racing was more accessible than up North, great weather (hot) hurricanes, excellent roads, (no pot holes) more motorcycle friendly than up North. PEacE
Yeah, no thanks. I lived in the Pan Handle before I moved West. I’ve been all over FL, including all the way to Key West. I stick with California.

It doesn’t snow where I live. I’m about an hour from the beach, about an hour and a half from the mountains and less than 10 minutes from curvy roads.

Probably the most motorcycle friendly state in the US as lane splitting/sharing is legal here and was unofficially permitted for decades.

Drivers actually will move over to let you by 99% of the time. Some places actually cater to motorcyclists and have a helmet “tree” to hang your lid on so it isn’t sitting on your dining table or taking up a seat.

Yeah, it’s crowded, and too many people live here but then, so is South Florida....or really any part of FL that’s desirable to be, just like here.

We don’t get hurricanes and didn’t get tornados until just a few years ago. What we do get is drought. Years and years of it. This years is set to be the worst yet recorded.

Relative moisture content of the vegetation dropped below 9% in the monitored areas. last year it was around 10% and average over a 20 year span is 13%.

That doesn’t offer a hope that this year’s fire season will be better than last. Still, this is home and regardless of how bad it gets at times, when I ride our curvy back roads to places of extraordinary beauty.......I’m absolutely fine with where I live.

When I get to a place like Monterey....I love where I live.

Reactions: FlipFlop and auburn

·
Registered
19,523 Posts
^ thats winter? sheesh, you shoulda grown up in North Jersey. You would have had to have electric clothing/thermal suit/and triple pairs of socks on. That's winter! Poor bike getting snowed on, Nice picture!
Where about in Jersey , I grew up in Hawthorne.

FOG

·
Registered
241 Posts
Essex county, Rutgers Alumni. Born in New York/New York. I heard of Horthorne NJ btw. Thanks for your guidance in the past when I did the head on my EX (y)

The only thing I could think about being envious of in CA is lane filtering/sharing. I have watched enough videos to see how its not supposed to be done. I have traveled through the Golden State in the past and was impressed (remember I was still living in a snow belt at the time) matter of fact, when I was there one time, there was no mandatory helmet law. The bicycle riders had more brain protection than the actual motorcycle operators. Real estate is out of control in cali, homeless problems, traffic, wild fires, earthquakes, sure I am missing something else. I was not gona sit back and have you rag on my state, so there. Nuff Sed.

This is my view from my back yard, was having a roof put on, thats why the plastic is on the pool. We talk about traveling alot and we always say, what for - we live in paradise. My 5 year old kid has more stamps in her passport than some 40 year old doodes that I used to work with btw. Peace

Attachments

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Heck, I have started out a ride at just above freezing temps and ended up the rest of the way home through slushy snow.

That’s what happens when you ride in February in Ontario.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Reactions: ridervfr

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
I was not gona sit back and have you rag on my state, so there. Nuff Sed.
Please point out where in I ragged on “your” state.

IIRC, I stated that I lived there, before moving here. Also that I’d been all over the state, even out to the Keys. Finally that just like here, if it is desirable to be in that particular place in FL, then it is just as crowded as similar places here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts