Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any previous orders from these people? if so, did it go smoothly? there prices are pretty cheap so the "It's too good to be true" signals are going off.

·
Registered
261 Posts
These guys are one of the big players. Request a catalog, they have a lot of stock. I got my rear tire from them, everything we smoothly and shipping was pretty fast.

·
Registered
348 Posts
STAY AWAY from them!

Read this thread if you want to know why: http://sportbikes.ws/showthread.php?t=89443

Long story short, I sent a helmet back to have it exchanged for a size smaller back in August 2006. And I didn't get the correct size until February 2007, over 5 months later. And I nearly paid double the price of the helmet because they charged me for return shipping even though it WAS THEIR MISTAKE multiple times.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eXce!!eNt said:
STAY AWAY from them!

Read this thread if you want to know why: http://sportbikes.ws/showthread.php?t=89443

Long story short, I sent a helmet back to have it exchanged for a size smaller back in August 2006. And I didn't get the correct size until February 2007, over 5 months later. And I nearly paid double the price of the helmet because they charged me for return shipping even though it WAS THEIR MISTAKE multiple times.
hmm that sounds pretty bad, but with their tire sales I think they have a no return policy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered a Joe Rocket Phoenix 3.0 jacket and a HJC CL14 on closeout prices...Paid 100 US plus shipping...It took a while to process, but you cant beat them on price!! They even refunded some of the shipping since they overcharged me!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well they are a big distributor, so you'll have guys like me who walked away completely unsatisfied and vowing never to buy from them again, and then you'll have guys like cdnsigop who had a smooth transaction. All I know is, if you're buying something and you haven't tried it on before hand (sizing it), then DO NOT order from them. There are better places such as wwww.iMotorcycle.com or www.NewEnough.com depending on what you need. I waited about 6 months to get the correct helmet from these guys, they even pledged to refund me on the return shipping I paid...and never did. My advice is stay away, but that's all it is.... advice.

Z

·
0 Posts
I've purchased a few items from them before - brake pads, a rear tire, a carbon fiber tree cover, etc...

The prices are good but I think the service is just a little bit lacking. I had no problems with my orders though so i can't complain.

They are probably so big, they aren't able to communicate as well to every customer like smaller companies. I bought parts that I new would fit the bike so there was little chance they would need to be returned. I don't think I'd buy a jacket or pants from them just because, if you read their return policy, it's quite strict.

It comes down to very cheap price and fair service or higher price and great service. It's tough to have both. Make lower margins with high volume or higher margins with lower volume.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hmm, I just ordered a back tire from their e-bay store yesterday. Hope everything turns out ok.

·
Registered
22 Posts
eXce!!eNt said:
Well they are a big distributor, so you'll have guys like me who walked away completely unsatisfied and vowing never to buy from them again, and then you'll have guys like cdnsigop who had a smooth transaction. All I know is, if you're buying something and you haven't tried it on before hand (sizing it), then DO NOT order from them. There are better places such as wwww.iMotorcycle.com or www.NewEnough.com depending on what you need. I waited about 6 months to get the correct helmet from these guys, they even pledged to refund me on the return shipping I paid...and never did. My advice is stay away, but that's all it is.... advice.
I agree with you...On the closeouts I bought, there was a no exchange/refund policy. I went to a local bike shop, tried on the the same helmet, then ordered the size I had just tried on. As for the jacket, Joe rockets website gives measurements to go by.

On another note, they still have the HJC CL14 for $59 and my jacket for $38!!! Just look through the closeouts part of the website!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
348 Posts
When ordering online clothing or gear, never go by their sizing charts. ALWAYS try the item(s) on prior to ordering them, or you'll more than likely end up exchanging. At MAW I sized in for a size large Helmet, so I ordered a Large, but I had to go through a medium and also a small before I discovered that I fit the size small. I paid around $60-80 for return shipping and restocking fees... so I learned my lesson the hard way.

And they also have a disclaimer saying that their sizing charts are just ballpark sizes, and that the actual size may vary from helmet model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts