Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not new to riding.. but i just purchased an 06 500r. Uber excited to break it in. I suppose bringing the bike home is the first step. but anyway..

im not the type of person to put tons of money into a vehicle just for the hell of it. is there anything thats a must have?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
NinjaChic said:
Well not new to riding.. but i just purchased an 06 500r. Uber excited to break it in. I suppose bringing the bike home is the first step. but anyway..

im not the type of person to put tons of money into a vehicle just for the hell of it. is there anything thats a must have?
welcome! everything put onto the ninja is going to be for the hell of it mod wise as it comes with all you need, maybe suspension upgrades would be good, lowering links if its too big, etc. read through the forums and you'll find almost everything you need to know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
NinjaChic said:
Well not new to riding.. but i just purchased an 06 500r.
im not the type of person to put tons of money into a vehicle just for the hell of it. is there anything thats a must have?
Welcome to the forum.

Yeah there is only 1 thing I consider a "must have " for this bike.

An aftermarket windscreen. The stock screen is so low, too much wind hits you when your riding. Zero gravity makes a nice one that's taller.

Other than that one option...... it's pure preference ! :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,165 Posts
NinjaChic said:
Well not new to riding.. but i just purchased an 06 500r. Uber excited to break it in. I suppose bringing the bike home is the first step. but anyway..

im not the type of person to put tons of money into a vehicle just for the hell of it. is there anything thats a must have?
a must have? An inline gravity rated fuel filter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,526 Posts
Hi and welcome to the board :)

You might want to shorten the blinker signals, they're the first thing to brake off if the bike is laid on it's side..

3 wires in front, 2 in the back and you're safe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
The only thing I considered a "must-have" was wider mirrors. You'll find plenty of threads where people complain about the stock mirrors (I'm included in this group of folks). If you don't buy new ones, the best advice I heard was to swap the stock ones and turn them upside down (I was skeptical, but it helped some).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
790 Posts
Gear
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Must have for me was an exhaust, being as I live in a city with tons of tourist drivers who do not see me ever it seems, it would be definitely be useful to be heard.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,165 Posts
Drew401 said:
Must have for me was an exhaust, being as I live in a city with tons of tourist drivers who do not see me ever it seems, it would be definitely be useful to be heard.
then use your horn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
They don't hear it! Its drowned out by the other moped horns, hell even a honda ruckus that pulled up next to me had a slipon on it, either that or he drilled the baffles out to make it sound louder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
790 Posts
I want to put an old school horn on mine thats loud and goes UUHHHOOOOOOOGGGGGAAAAA lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,165 Posts
Drew401 said:
They don't hear it! Its drowned out by the other moped horns, hell even a honda ruckus that pulled up next to me had a slipon on it, either that or he drilled the baffles out to make it sound louder.
there's a mod scene for scooters, you see. it's a THING. Make yourself easy to see by wearing UV yellow (safety yellow) and a white helmet. ride defensively and keep your head on a swivel.

accidents happen when no one is paying attention to what's going on around them.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top