Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's some of mine:
(actually my most fav have already been posted elsewhere on this site)

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this ones great 'cause my brother on the FZR-400 (#93) just totally cut me off, i had to stand the bike up to keep from hitting him, and he knew i was racing in a clavical brace with a broken collarbone from a wreck 2 weeks earlier at Moroso.....nice...
i was kinda going slow though cause i was terrified of falling on that side again....

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 1st one is all alone in a practice session at Daytona..

the other is taking the win at the stripe at Moroso..

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Daytona at the line, sitting up to brake at over 120 mph after the stripe......dumb newbie.. (it was my 1st time there) with a huge Kiwi k-21 on too, fit real loose..

2nd one is waiting in the infield after a getoff during a race,(Moroso T-9) had to sit there for the whole race + cooldown lap in the blazing Fla sun, see body armor and helmet at feet, race bike up against ambulance, t-shirt over head.. (it was a neat place to watch the rest of the race though...)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this ones great because i am on the front row (grid based on pts) for a 80 bike start at Daytona International Speedway.....gave me shivers i tell ya.. : )

Todd Henning and his RZ-350 didn't make the start though and left me in Pole Position at DAYTONA!!!! Too cool that was...(though that may have been the LtWtSupertwins race i am thinking of, had front row there too)

with my bro in the 3rd row lol

however he past me after i blew the motor in the infield, rod came thru the roof about lap 4...got to ride in the back of the Daytona crash truck though... : )

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...and now for a sure crowd pleaser, the Trophy Girls of Moroso!!!

1st shot is me on top of podium and my bro in 4th!! HAHAH
Hot blond trophy girl on right, bikini/heels

2nd blond different blond (she was way nicer, i hung out up in the race tower hitting on her but she lived on the other side of fla)

3rd one is them calling me up for 1st from this super hottie.. Henry DeGowe, current prez of CCS on left w/ mic

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yo- that's right, turning, brakeing, hanging off the bike, all while giving the surfer dude hand signal for "yo dude" - lol
(don't get your panties in a wad, it was the cool down lap)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
#1! (check the front brake heat-blue) also the cool down lap, notice leathers already unzipped...the little orange you can see is the top of my T-Pro body armor
I didn't normally ride around the track saying I was #1, but this was the last race of the season, me and a Superbike FZR-400 tied in pts to take the Fla Regional Championship for Expert Lt Wt Superbike...whoever won the race won the title....we diced for a few laps and i finally put him away and was ESTATIC after i crossed the line... you race all year and then it all comes down to that one race...

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This ones great if only because my sister (on right next to my mom) is bugging me to get the pit bike running for her when my race has already been called (see I'm all geared up, u don't do that in the Fla summer till the last possible second!)

that's my ex-gf Bobbie on the left, it was her birthday i believe...

·
Registered
200 Posts
I hate florida..... damn nice weather- what like 364 days a year

nice pics though. anyone race any newer gen 500's?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ha it all looks so 80's ;D good job by the way.

·
Registered
103 Posts
wolf66 said:
this ones great 'cause my brother on the FZR-400 (#93) just totally cut me off, i had to stand the bike up to keep from hitting him, and he knew i was racing in a clavical brace with a broken collarbone from a wreck 2 weeks earlier at Moroso.....nice...
i was kinda going slow though cause i was terrified of falling on that side again....
Damn, you raced with a broken collarbone? You rock. I just broke my from a lowside on the street, if my bike worked i would probably be riding, lol.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Smoky said:
Ha it all looks so 80's ;D
Hmm, more like it looks so '90's as only the amateur yellow tags shots could have been taken in '89, the rest were '90-'96

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sevencyrus said:
Damn, you raced with a broken collarbone?
It was more like shattered then broken...wore that dang clavical brace 24/7 for like 6 months...fun
Anywho, I had already paid for the races and i needed to keep up in the points race, I was afraid somebody would nark on me in Tech and they wouldn't let me race though...
It was a b*tch just getting my leathers on, much less racing 3 races at Daytona...

Funny story:
So I broke it in the 2nd race of the day, then waited at the track all day for my brother to finish his races, then we loaded the bikes and drove 4 hours back to St Pete, then I went to the hospital....Emerg Room was kinda surprised i waited that long...lol
However, racer's been such friendly foke, a bunch of my race buddies (or their wives) came by with all types of painpills while at the track, they could tell i was in major pain from the white pasty look of my face and the purple swelling in my shoulder...took those with a glass of red wine....that helped...

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, 2 more cool arsty ones i made, one of my bro and one of me:

·
Registered
100 Posts
i'll do my best to make it the mcbiggity show- ;D

turn 2- NHIS

turn 3

going into 1a- Pete(oreo), Tom, Myself

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
For images w/ a sense of speed... movement... a blurred background:

"Pan" the camera smoothly with the motion of the bikes & squeeze the shutter without changing the pan.
If you have a manual camera, or auto override, close down the aperture (higher # f-stop) so that the shutter speed isn't so fast.

For digital cameras... check your instruction books.
Some let you set the camera for less sensitivity... same as a slower film: the camera will use a slower shutter speed (balanced perhaps w/ a wider aperture).

http://www.all-things-photography.com/panning.html

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lucky#13 said:
OK , why is only one person (no names ;) ) in this pic looking and going in a different direction ???
Looks like they are transitioning from a left to a right and he's in the middle of doing so...

The left bike (Pete) is setting up for a right it looks like and the right bike (McBig) is just exiting a left.....so the middle guy is between both actions in transition I'd say..

1 - 20 of 89 Posts